Chiropractic Rehabilitation Centers
Parker Continues Support of Susan G. Komen Walk
Parker University served as the official chiropractic partner for the Susan G. Komen Dallas / Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure Nov. 4-6, 2011. Parker has partnered with the event, which covers 60 miles over three days (20 miles per day), for seven consecutive years. Throughout the three days, Parker students and faculty adjusted an estimated 730 people and also assisted by applying elastic therapeutic tape, making ice bags, treating blisters, and taping sprained ankles and knees.
Participating in the event were Drs. Lori Baggett, Troy Liming, Rindy Matthews, Sandra Norton, Leon Tom and David Walters, joined by Parker students Bradley Baker, John Barrington, Christopher Cochran, Kevin Ethridge, Ryan Hooper, Kamaldeen Isiaka, Catherine Kuiken, Eric Naal, Thuy Nguyen, Kendra Ann Pomeroy, Justin Thompson, Kimberley Wells, Jack Wells and Javier Zapata.
"It was important for us to provide chiropractic care and ancillary services to the walkers so we could assist them in their goals of standing up for breast cancer by participating in [this] physically strenuous event," commented Dr. Walters, a professor at Parker University. "Many walkers trained for the event, but their bodies sometimes don't respond to the arduous physical demand of being outdoors and exposed to the elements for three days. The chiropractic adjustments and ancillary services enabled them to continue their journey with less discomfort and more enjoyment while supporting breast cancer research and programs."
By Editorial Staff
Articles and Studies
- Conservative Care Beats Medication for Neck Pain
- Chiropractic at the Minnesota State Zoo
- Careful Coding: Spinal Anomalies
- The Multidisciplinary Model: A Trend That Can't Be Ignored
- Taking a Wrist Series: It's About the Carpals
- Foods Consumed by the Healthiest People: The Sardinian Diet
- What Happens in Texas Won't Stay in Texas
- New Jersey DC Moves Up in the World of Politics
- Informed Consent Comes to California
- Insurance Win for Illinois DCs, Other Providers
- Chiro. Upgrade in Minn. Budget
- Parker Continues Support of Susan G. Komen Walk
- Standard Process Funds Scholarship for SCU Student
- NYCC Sports Science Program Approved by State Education Department
- Dr. Joel Alcantara Joins Life West
- TCC to Provide Chiropractic Care at Community Clinic